- Why runners need strength training?
- Appropriate strength training movements will improve proper running form.
- Building core and glute strength will reduce injury and enable you to run faster and farther.
- Single leg exercises such as the one-legged deadlift, pistol squat, and lunges help improve running efficiency.
- Power, speed, and agility drills are essential to improve speed, balance, and stride.
- Bone Broth: 1 ox tail, 5-10 chicken feet, a few beef marrow bones, 1/4 c Bragg apple cider vinegar, 2 bay leaves, sea salt, 2-3 garlic cloves or a few shakes of garlic powder. (you can also add chopped veggies if you like for more flavor and use other high quality beef, chicken, and turkey parts of your choice) Put all the ingredients in a large pot and cover with water. Cook on high heat until a gentle boil then simmer on low for approximately 24 hours. Scoop any foam off the top and discard. Remove from heat, pick out large bones with tongs and strain any remaining bones and/or vegetables and discard. Pour broth into Mason jars and refrigerate up to about 5 days or freeze. You can drink this alone and/or use it in soups, stews, and various recipes. You can get quality bones here: www.honeybrookfarms.com
- Autumn Stew: 1lb ground beef, 1 chopped onion, 3 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp mustard powder, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1 red & 1 green bell pepper chopped, 1 can (14 oz) of diced tomatoes, 1 c beef bone broth, 2 cups fresh kale. For an extra kick, add cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes.
- Brown the mean and transfer to another dish, keep the fat. Add the spices, onion, and garlic to the cooking fat for about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, peppers, broth, and kale. Cook on high heat until boiling, then reduce heat and simmer on low for 1hr. Serve hot as a stew or cold to top a salad.
- Saucy Grilled Chicken Salad: 1 lb chicken breast, 1/2 tsp of the following; sea salt, pepper, ground cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, 1 egg, 3/4 c olive oil, 1 clove crushed garlic, and juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Bake 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breast. Allow to cool. In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, garlic, egg, lemon juice, olive oil. Beat with whisk or electric mixer until well blended. Cut or shred the chicken into pieces and add the sauce. Mix well until all the chicken is covered. Serve on top of a salad or eat solo. Add fruit and/or nuts for an extra treat.
- Healthy Ice Pops: Small dixi cups (2-3oz) or an ice cube tray, pure coconut water, or kombucha.
- Fill the cups or ice-cube tray almost to the top with the coconut water or kombucha. Allow to freeze. Take one out of the freezer when you are ready for a cool and sweet treat.